FIFABase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FIFABase

The newest FIFA forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020

Go down 
+4
Mike
america1126
Callum.
Algosaubi
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Algosaubi
Rookie

The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Empty
PostSubject: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:08 am

When I write this, Liverpool has just defeated Juventus by six goals to nil in the group stages of the Champions League. Welliton scored a hattrick as per usual, and the youngster Peter Larsson scored one and made two assists. The Liverpool team we have now hasn't been defeated by more than three goals since August 2014, that dreadful day at Anfield when an amazing Villareal squad put up a fight greater than Liverpool could handle. That season brought us 4 losses.

Since then, Liverpool have gone 386 games unbeaten.

And to think this started by hiring a totally unknown Swede by the name Jon Algosaubi. It's almost unthinkable.

Algosaubi recieved alot of critique in the start by selling off Agger to PSG. Sure, he got 25 million euros for him, but still. He was our best defender. Then he made that transfer move. He managed to get Chiellini off Juventus hands for three million less than he sold Agger for. Chiellini ended up as one of the seasons best players that season, and Algosaubi was praised as he led the team for the triple, and giving us the joy of the first league title in 20 years. I remember that day so well.

We had to beat Arsenal by atleast two goals to secure the title three games before the end of the season. We won
3-1 after an 88th minute goal from Suarez. Oh how happy I was then.

But the most successful signing Algosaubi made that year was probably the player who was to win the Premier League Golden Boot three years in a row, and the European Golden Shoe in 2013 for his amazing preformances and clinical finishing. Jackson Martínez.

Who would've thought this Colombian, unknown in England, would have such a success in one of the worlds greatest Leagues? Probably only Jon Algosaubi.

Five million euros he cost. Just five million. He probably brought in about ten times that to the Liverpool funds.

In the 2012/13 season Algosaubi sold Chiellini for 35 million euros, 13m more than he cost Liverpool the season before, to AC Milan. This was greatly critisized, why was he selling last seasons best defender? Algosaubi had the answer. He bought PSG's youngster Mamadou Sakho for 4,5 million less than he had signed Chiellini for. Once again Algosaubi had made profit and still not downgraded. He had more likely upgraded his team.

Upfront Suarez and Martínez continued to produce (Martínez won the European Golden Shoe that year as I mentioned), and Steven Gerrard made it through the season uninjured. An amazing feat for the lad who was now turning 33. We failed to win the triple that year. We reached the semi-finals in the F.A.Cup that year, but Chelsea, who had signed Götze and Kaká and had Lukaku in top form proved too strong.

We did however win the Champions League. That was such a boost to everyone around Anfield. We finally did what we had done in 2005. Olympique Lyon were the ones to find themselves beaten by two goals from Martínez, bringing the highlight to the now 27 year old strikers career.

The next season, Liverpool had raised millions in funds from winning the Prem and the Champions League and brought in Gareth Bale from Tottenham for a record 38 million euros. To replace the no-so-well-preforming Steven Downing. The fans (me included) rejoiced. Finally we had the world class winger we had been anticipated for years.

We ended up winning all competitions we participated in that season, and by now Algosaubi had established himself as a world class manager.

This continued for the next six seasons, and it's carrying on to this day, although the team has changed greatly the last few seasons.

One of the most improbable moments was in the 2015/16 season, when Jon Algosaubi sold Luis Suarez to Tottenham for 37 million euros. The fans raged. He had been one of our best strikers for seasons. But then, he got his hands on no other than Lionel He-who-must-not-be-named.

120 million euros. One hundred and twenty million euros. 1.2 BILLION. It was an amazing day. We really thought we were invincible by then.

Unfortunately, this turned out to be the flop deal of the century. He-who-must-not-be-named ended up scoring "only" ten goals all season and was sold off the next season back to Barcelona for 10 million less than Algosaubi had bought him for.

But, as per usual, he turned it to his advantage.

He signed Angelo Ogbonna, Kyle Walker, Domenique Criscito and Jack Wilshere for that money. Three of them are in the starting eleven to this day, after Criscito left for Juventus in 2019.

Angelo Ogbonna. He's a household name in England, and the world now. Crowned best defender for three consecutive years in the Premier League now. Captain since 2017.

It feels like he has been playing for us since forever although it's "only" been barely six years. To think of the players he has played with in Liverpool. What titles he has won. I class him as one of the greatest central defenders of all time. He has pace, strenght, agility... He even pops in about 4-6 goals per season.

In goal we have had some real changes too. Since Reina left in 2013 because he was "unsettled", we have had 3 different keepers. Vicente Guaita, who we signed from Valencia. He was the first keeper for one season. Then we signed Manuel Neuer. He left after just one season, because he thought he had done everything he could have done for the club. He left for Real Madrid. Then we signed another German keeper. Mart ter Stegen. He was in our team for two seasons, then he left for Barcelona after having some kind of fall out with Kyle Walker. Then Algosaubi decided to make a bold move. He promoted the 18-year old Niklas Frölund, an academy graduate who had been on loan for the last two-three seasons.

He made the right move.

Frölund went 14 games without conceding in the Premier League in his first season, and since then he has been the given number one in Liverpool. He is now 23, and classed as one of the best keepers in the world.

There were changes upfront too. Martínez left for Napoli after four successful seasons and in came Seydou Doumbia from Moscow. He had almost even greater success than Martínez. Doumbia left in 2017 and in came the man who to this day is our best striker. Welliton. What a player he is.

Many teams has offered many millions for his services. Manchester City offered the most in 2019. 40 million euros. Algosaubi promptly said no. He wasn't to lose the only really consistant striker he's had since Luis Suarez left. Not even for 40 million euros.

Maybe you wonder now what happened to those players that were before in the team before Algosaubi's time. They're all gone now. The one who stayed the longest was José Enrique the left-back. Probably because he was, and is, one of the best full-backs in the world.

Steven Gerrard is currently the assistant manager, Carroll is playing for Tottenham, and has for several years now. Carragher retired the season after Algosaubi took over. Downing left when Bale came in in 2013.

It's a world full of surprises, the world of football. Just recently Algosaubi changed his policy too. He is now officially putting his focus on the young players he brought up in those early seasons, and oh how well they are playing right now.

Kerrea Jennings, Peter Larsson, Niklas Frölund, Nichlas Magyár, Manuel Adolfo... I can go on. And that's the talents still left in the team, he has sold off some too, to give them playing time. A some kind of merciful sellings. He didn't want to keep them from reaching the potential they could reach, or atleast that's what he said in a recent interview with Sky Sports.

Well, that is my sum up of the last 10 years as a Liverpool F.C. fan. It's been some great years. Ups and downs (well, mostly ups), suprising transfers, talented youngsters... All that is what we call football.

Signed, Kenny Dalglish. Former Liverpool manager, player, and life-long fan.
Back to top Go down
Callum.
The Local Troll
The Local Troll
Callum.

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:10 am

Thanks for joining. Cool Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Algosaubi
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:11 am

Callum. wrote:
Thanks for joining. Cool Welcome.

Np and thanks Razz farao king elephant queen sunny Sleep rendeer geek

Awesome smilies cherry
Back to top Go down
america1126
Real Madrid Fan
Real Madrid Fan
america1126

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:12 am

Good Luck alien
Back to top Go down
Mike
The Nyan Cat
The Nyan Cat
Mike

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:12 am

ALGOOOOOOO!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Callum.
The Local Troll
The Local Troll
Callum.

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:13 am

You can thank me. Wink
Back to top Go down
Algosaubi
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:16 am

Mike wrote:
ALGOOOOOOO!! Very Happy

Sup yao Razz
Back to top Go down
AusMufc
Should be banned
AusMufc

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:16 am

http://forums.electr

Great read. Seems you've really been successful with Liverpool Smile
You've bought alot of players only to sell them. Looks like the 'scouts' that you promoted from the youth team are your current crop now.
Swear filter got you with M.essi though Laughing M.essi flopped Shocked

Anyway, great job with Liverpool as I said. Will you be continuing from now on?
Back to top Go down
Algosaubi
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:17 am

america1126 wrote:
Good Luck alien

Good luck?
Back to top Go down
Mike
The Nyan Cat
The Nyan Cat
Mike

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:17 am

Algosaubi wrote:
Mike wrote:
ALGOOOOOOO!! Very Happy

Sup yao Razz

I'm RAUL94. You may recall "Seriously Algo, you post your team on every page" on the Rate my Squad thread. Razz
Back to top Go down
Algosaubi
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:20 am

AusMufc wrote:

You've bought alot of players only to sell them. Looks like the 'scouts' that you promoted from the youth team are your current crop now.

Thank you!

Yeah, most players have gone away now, but the youngsters are too talented to go to waste Razz

Lolololol, He-who-must-not-be-named... Great filter xD Anyways, yeah he flopped, but he's been crap on fifa since 08 so I should've anticipated that xD

I won't continue from this probably, but I'll probably pop up somewhere in the other discussions from time to time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Algosaubi
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:21 am

Mike wrote:
Algosaubi wrote:
Mike wrote:
ALGOOOOOOO!! Very Happy

Sup yao Razz

I'm RAUL94. You may recall "Seriously Algo, you post your team on every page" on the Rate my Squad thread. Razz

Looool I remember.

But it was fun xD
Back to top Go down
AusMufc
Should be banned
AusMufc

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:21 am

Algosaubi wrote:
AusMufc wrote:

Thank you!

Yeah, most players have gone away now, but the youngsters are too talented to go to waste Razz

Lolololol, He-who-must-not-be-named... Great filter xD Anyways, yeah he flopped, but he's been crap on fifa since 08 so I should've anticipated that xD

I won't continue from this probably, but I'll probably pop up somewhere in the other discussions from time to time Very Happy

That's fine Smile You've done enough with 'Pool anyway Smile
You still gonna make a new CM?
Back to top Go down
Algosaubi
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:25 am

AusMufc wrote:
Algosaubi wrote:
AusMufc wrote:

Thank you!

That's fine Smile You've done enough with 'Pool anyway Smile
You still gonna make a new CM?

If I find myself with enough time I might start one up. I have alot of finals coming up now at the end of the semester...
Back to top Go down
AusMufc
Should be banned
AusMufc

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:26 am

Focus on schoolwork first then Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Algosaubi
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:27 am

AusMufc wrote:
Focus on schoolwork first then Thumbs Up

Exactly Razz

Back to top Go down
mattiz99
Dani Pacheco #1 Fan
mattiz99

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:33 am

Fantastic read mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
timbers
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:59 am

Great story man, good to have you back.
Back to top Go down
Algosaubi
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:07 am

mattiz99 wrote:
Fantastic read mate Very Happy

Thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
america1126
Real Madrid Fan
Real Madrid Fan
america1126

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:07 am

386 games unbeaten Shocked Shocked
signed He-who-must-not-be-named Shocked
Martinez http://forums.electr
Back to top Go down
Algosaubi
Rookie

timbers wrote:
Great story man, good to have you back.

Thank you! Very Happy Glad to be back, or something xD
Back to top Go down
Algosaubi
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:36 am

america1126 wrote:
386 games unbeaten Shocked Shocked
signed He-who-must-not-be-named Shocked
Martinez http://forums.electr

It's easy when you get the flow in, and especially since the other teams only sign attackers/midfielders, never defenders.

It was fun doing it, I placed a bid as a joke at first, but when they accepted... I just had to get him xD Sadly, he sucked. Laughing

Martínez was miles better, as a matter of fact, I've signed him back since I saw he was up for sale in the summer window this season. He's 33 now, and despite not being in as good physical shape as before, he still has about 85+ on most stats Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mike
The Nyan Cat
The Nyan Cat
Mike

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:52 am

Just read it, you really should do more updates Razz
Back to top Go down
Algosaubi
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:23 pm

Mike wrote:
Just read it, you really should do more updates Razz

Maybe on weekends... Wink
Back to top Go down
walter767
Admin
Admin
walter767

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:25 pm

Nice stuff, but they want us to move back to ea Sad
Back to top Go down
http://last.fm/user/walter-767
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020    The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Story of a New Super-Power: A Fans Story about Liverpool F.C. in 2020
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next